Partners of Escape Your Stereotypes project finalised the methodological guide to design and create education escape games with an intercultural approach. It is available in French, English and Lithuanian.
It was designed taking into account the needs and feedback of youth workers, and professional of education and learning fields.
In this guide, you’ll discover different elements introducing escape games and their story. Then, you’ll find steps which guide you from the learning objectives to the game debriefing, going through:
- definition of learning objectives: several learning models and process are introduced
- definition of narrative elements
- definition of the game mechanisms: game flow, types of padlocks, puzzles, roles of characters, clues…
- preparation of a game prototype and testing
- creating elements, building the space
- implement and run the game
- conclusion of the game and debriefing with participants
Some practical worksheets are provided.
The methodology is available online. Several copies are available at Odyssée’s office, feel free to contact us to receive them!
This methodology is the Intellectual Output n°1 of Escape Your Stereotypes project.
This project is supported by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Commission. This communication relies only with the view of its author and does not reflect the view of the European Commission.