How to work intercultural in kindergarten with persons from different cultural backgrounds?
Association Odyssée organises a one-week course on this topic in partnership with FairBUND (Comenius course).
The course is structured to:
- provide the participants with relevant information on the French scholarship system
- provide the participants with relevant information on the French context regarding migrations
- allow the participants to discover several organisations and to exchange with the staff members such as: nursery (0-3 years old), kindergarten (3-6 years old), non-profit organisations working with families and children with different cultural backgrounds etc.
Day 1: arrival to Bordeaux, installation in the accommodation
- introduction meeting with information on the programme, the course’s objectives, the organisation
- theoretical part: overview on the French scholarship system and on the context regarding past and current migrations in France
- discovery of Bordeaux during a guided city tour
- Study visit: visit of a kindergarten for children from 0 to 3 years old whose families have different cultural backgrounds, introductions and exchanges with the staff members
- Study visit: visit of a organisation supporting itinerants people – travellers in the territory
- Study visit: visit of an organisation supporting families, mothers and children with migration backgrounds or with different cultural backgrounds towards their integration at local level
- Study visit: visit of an organisation supporting families and mothers with migration backgrounds with a focus on health and psychology
- Study visit: visit of an organisation supporting mothers and families with migration backgrounds in their integration at local level and in their relationships with the schools
- Final meeting: self-assessment and evaluation of the mobility, administrative documents, organisation of the departure
Day 7: departure and way back to Germany
All study visits are subject to changes; planning might change too.